The countdown to Christmas has begun! Are you looking for merry Christmas wishes to inspire your holiday greeting cards this year? Whether you're on the hunt for funny wishes to make loved ones laugh or words of sympathy, we've rounded up the best things to write in a Christmas card.
Writing a Christmas card can be tricky, especially if you are not sure what to include. If you can, the beginning of your message should include short and sweet greetings that serve as a festive way to spread some love. This could be something as simple as "Merry Christmas!" or a longer saying, such as "I hope your Christmas is filled with joy this year".
To help you prepare for the festive season, we've rounded up the best Christmas wishes, sayings and greetings to include this year. Take a look at them below...
CLASSIC CHRISTMAS CARD WISHES
1. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
2. Tis the season to be jolly!
3. Wishing you and your family health, happiness, peace and prosperity this Christmas and in the coming New Year.
4. May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.
5. I hope your Christmas is filled with joy this year.
6. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
7. The best present one can hope for this year is to spend time together.
8. Merry Christmas! May you get chance to take in the beauty and true meaning of the season.
9. Wishing you a Christmas that's merry and bright! We hope you have a safe and relaxing holiday season.
10. Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.
FUNNY CHRISTMAS CARD WISHES
1. Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.
2. Yule always be my favourite.
3. Happy holidays! I hope you like the present you told me to buy for you.
4. It's the most wine-derful time of the year.
5. I would say all I want for Christmas is YOU, but I really would love a new credit card as well!
6. That warm feeling isn't just the Christmas spirit. I think you left the oven on.
7. Christmas is a Claus for celebration!
8. Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift that now it's too late to get it.
9. Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, until the credit card bills arrive.
10. Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Have a wonderful Christmas.
ROMANTIC CHRISTMAS CARD WISHES
1. Merry Christmas! I'm very grateful to have such a special person like you in my life.
2. The only thing I love more than Christmas is you.
3. Forget the mistletoe, you can kiss me anytime you like.
4. You are the reason for my smile and my happiness. I love you.
5. Christmas is magical because we're together.
6. I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with anyone else.
7. If I only had one mince pie I'd give it to you.
8. You're the partridge to my pear tree.
9. All I want for Christmas is you.
10. Baby it's cold outside... let's snuggle.
CHRISTIAN CHRISTMAS CARD WISHES
1. Merry Christmas to you and God bless you and your family with peace and joy for the year to come.
2. Glory to the newborn King!
3. Jesus is the reason for the season.
4. May the bright lights of Christmas bring happiness in your life and may Jesus bless you with success and wisdom.
5. Merry Christmas! May God's love be with you.
6. Merry Christmas! May the love of God guide and protect you.
7. May the joy that filled the world at the birth of Jesus Christ be found in your home. Have the sweetest of Christmas seasons!
8. May the true spirit of Christmas shine in your heart and light your path.
9. May the love of Christ and the warmth that comes with this holy season remain with you and make your holidays the best ever!
10. Hosanna in the highest! Praying God's faithfulness on your lives in the coming months. Merry Christmas from us all.
MERRY CHRISTMAS WISHES FOR DISTANT LOVED ONES
1. I wish you were here with me to make this Christmas a beautiful one like every other Christmas.
2. Missing you even more at this joyful time of year.
3. We may not be together in person on Christmas morning, but you'll be in my mind and in my heart.
4. I'll sure miss being together for Christmas this year.
5. We may be miles apart, but our love and affection unites us. Christmas and New Year greetings to all of you.
6. I may not be there to hug you and wish you Merry Christmas but I am sending my warm wishes through this message.
7. Sending my warmest wishes to each and every member of my family on this Christmas. Missing you all. Merry Christmas.
8. Though I am not at home for Christmas, I send all my warm wishes for peace and joy in our family. Wish you all Merry Christmas.
9. Today I am far away from all of you, however I have always have you present, especially in such an important date. Merry Christmas!
10. Far apart during this holiday, but totally together in our hearts and minds. Merry Christmas!
MERRY CHRISTMAS WISHES FOR ANYONE GRIEVING
1. Our love and thoughts are with you during the Christmas season and the promise of hope it brings.
2. May the promise of Christmas fill your hearts with comfort and peace.
3. I'm sending you love during this difficult time.
4. This might not be your best holiday ever, but I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best New Year possible.
5. We know you might be having a difficult time this year, more than ever. Wishing you strength and peace in these challenging times.
6. May God's love lift you up during this season. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.
7. We're always here to support you, if you need a helping hand this holiday.
8. Sending strength, love and peace to you all. I hope you feel surrounded by much love.
9. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time. Sending lots of love.
10. Sending our love to your family. We wish you the comfort of the Christmas blessing of hope and faith.
MERRY CHRISTMAS WISHES FOR CO-WORKERS
1. May your holidays be filled with love and rejoice. May you have a great time with your friends and family this Christmas! Sending my best wishes to you.
2. May the festive season bring you opportunities and success in life! Merry Christmas!
3. Thank you for all your hard work this year! Have a wonderful and relaxed Christmas.
4. Wishing you nothing but happiness this holiday season! Merry Christmas from all of us.
5. May your holidays be filled with happiness and good cheer!
6. Thank you for everything! Wishing you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Follow Country Living on Instagram.
You Might Also Like