Advertisement

50 Cent Sued by Woman Claiming She Was Injured After He Threw Microphone Off Stage

A lawsuit was filed against the rapper in Los Angeles on Thursday regarding an August incident at the Crypto.com Arena

<p>Prince Williams/WireImage</p> 50 Cent on stage during his

Prince Williams/WireImage

50 Cent on stage during his 'The Final Lap' tour in Atlanta, Georgia in August 2023

50 Cent is being sued by a fan who claims she was injured after he threw his microphone off stage during a concert in Los Angeles.

According to court documents obtained by PEOPLE, a lawsuit was filed against the rapper, 48, in Los Angeles on Thursday by POWER 106 radio host Bryhana Monegain, who is accusing him of causing her “serious and permanent injury” and “emotional distress.”

The plaintiff claims in the complaint that the “In da Club” rapper threw his microphone after he realized it wasn’t working and it struck her face and left wrist.

The incident took place on Aug. 30 at the Crypto.com Arena during 50 Cent’s The Final Lap tour. At the show, fans captured footage that showed the musician throwing two faulty microphones from the stage to the crew, which was near the crowd. The footage did not show where the microphones landed, but photos surfaced showing the alleged victim, Monegain, and her injuries.

The complaint states that Monegain was taken via ambulance to the emergency department of the Los Angeles General Medical Center following the incident and was treated for her injuries, including “concussion, laceration over her forehead and pain in her left wrist.”

<p>Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty</p> 50 Cent in Los Angeles in January 2022

Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty

50 Cent in Los Angeles in January 2022

Related: 50 Cent Avoids Criminal Charge for Mic-Throwing Case: Report

Monegain also says she experienced dizziness, headaches, light and sound sensitivity and nausea following the incident, further alleging that she continues to suffer from “severe injuries and emotional distress.”

The radio presenter is also suing for medical expenses incurred as a result of the incident, along with wages she lost during her recovery.

The suit names music entertainment company AEG and G-Unit Touring, along with the hip-hop star, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

"Our client is pursuing a case against Curtis Jackson, professionally known as '50 Cent' and his touring company, G-UNIT Touring, for the assault she allegedly suffered through no fault of her own at his concert on Aug. 30, 2023 at LA’s Crypto.com Arena," attorneys John Morgan and Casey Kilday said in a statement to PEOPLE.

"She was simply an attendee trying to enjoy herself when a heavy object came catapulting toward her face. No matter who the assailant is, this alleged act of negligence and violence is unacceptable, and we will hold 50 Cent and his co-defendants accountable for their alleged actions. Mr. Jackson has himself previously said that 'If the talk ain't [a]bout money, homie, I ain't concerned,' so we are confident our client will be fairly and justly compensated for the injuries she suffered."

A representative for 50 Cent did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

<p>Sergione Infuso/Corbis via Getty</p> 50 Cent performs in Milan, Italy in October 2023

Sergione Infuso/Corbis via Getty

50 Cent performs in Milan, Italy in October 2023

Related: 50 Cent Postpones Phoenix Concert Due to Extreme Heat: '116 Degrees Is Dangerous for Everyone'

Following the August incident, Monegain filed a police report and the case was presented as a felony to the L.A. County District Attorney. However, the D.A.’s office then sent the case to the L.A. City Attorney's office, according to TMZ. The outlet reported in November that no criminal charges had been filed against the rapper.

Despite the case’s current standing, it will remain open for one year from the date of the Aug. 30 incident. There is still a possibility that 50 Cent could face criminal charges if there were to be any further incidents between him and Monegain.

After the incident, a source told PEOPLE, "This is an unfortunate isolated incident where someone was in a restricted area they should not have been."

At the time of the incident, 50 Cent's attorney Scott Leemon denied it was deliberate.

"Let’s be very clear, as I told LAPD this afternoon, my client Curtis would never intentionally strike anyone with a microphone," Leemon told PEOPLE in a statement. "Anyone saying something different doesn’t have all the facts and is misinformed."

The “21 Questions” rapper wrapped up The Final Lap tour in Auckland, New Zealand on Dec. 14.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.