Cast your mind back to when all you knew about Donald Trump was that he was a turbo-tanned, wealthy businessman who did the bit Alan Sugar does on the US version of The Apprentice. Oh, life was so much simpler then.
When it comes to women, much of what has tripped out of Trump's mouth hasn't exactly been great. But now, despite his derogatory views on women and minorities, Trump is hoping to secure his second term as the 45th President of the United states of America. So, just in case you weren't feeling concerned enough about the potential outcome of Tuesday's US presidential election, here are 25 real things Trump has actually said about women.
1. "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything." (Secret video recording, 2005)
2. "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" (About Carly Fiorina, his one-time Republican rival, 2015)
3. "We’re getting your husbands back to work. Everybody wants it." (Aimed at women attending a campaign rally in Michigan, 2020)
4. "I like kids. I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park." (An interview with Howard Stern, 2005)
5. "[Arianna Huffington] is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man - he made a good decision." (Twitter, 2012)
6. "[Kamala Harris is] this monster that was onstage with Mike Pence, who destroyed her last night, by the way. I thought that wasn't even a contest last night. She was terrible. I don't think you could get worse. And totally unlikeable." (In an interview the day after the vice presidential debate, 2020)
7. [About a 10-year-old girl] "I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?" (A leaked recording, 1992)
8. [About New York Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez] "This is not even a smart person, other than she's got a good line of stuff. I mean, she goes out and she yaps." (In an interview with Fox Business Network, 2020)
9. "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected." (How to Get Rich, 2004)
10. "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" (Twitter, 2015)
11. [About his daughter Ivanka] "… she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her." (ABC's 'The View', March 6, 2006)
12. [About his wife] "She's not giving me 100 percent. She's giving me 84 percent, and 16 percent is going towards taking care of children." (TIME, May 23, 2011)
13 . After Fox News presenter Megyn Kelly confronted Trump about his disparaging comments about women on live TV he called her "a bimbo" (Fox News, August 2015)
14. "Often when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, 'Can you believe what I am getting?'" (Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008)
15. "I have really given a lot of women great opportunity. Unfortunately, after they are a star, the fun is over for me." (ABC's 'Primetime Live', March 10, 1994)
17. "Rosie's a loser. A real loser. I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie." He has also called Rosie rude, obnoxious, dumb, a pig, and pretty much every other insult you can think of. (About TV host Rosie O'Donnell who blasted Trump for having an affair and leaving his wife, 2006)
18. Trump blamed sexual assaults on women in the army on the fact that men and women were working together. "26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?" (Twitter, May 7, 2013)
26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 7, 2013
19. "Women are really a lot different than portrayed. They are far worse than men, far more aggressive … " (The Art of the Comeback, 1997)
20. "You know who's one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She's 6 feet tall, she's got the best body. She made a lot money as a model - a tremendous amount." (The Howard Stern Show, 2003)
21. He compared Kristen Stewart to a dog and advised Robert Pattinson not to get back with her back amidst the couple's on/off relationship. (Twitter, October 17, 2012)
Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again--just watch. He can do much better!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2012
22. "You're disgusting," to a breastfeeding mother when she asked for a medical break during a legal deposition so she could pump breast milk for her 3-month-old daughter. (New York Times, July 2015)
23. Trump reduced all women's significance to being "a young and beautiful piece of ass", when he told an Esquire journalist in response to his bad press: "You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass. But she’s got to be young and beautiful." (Esquire, 1991)
24. "Sarah Jessica Parker voted 'unsexiest woman alive' – I agree" (Facebook, October 26, 2012)
25. "Now, somebody who a lot of people don't give credit to but in actuality is really beautiful is Paris Hilton. I've known Paris Hilton from the time she's 12, her parents are friends of mine, and the first time I saw her she walked into the room and I said, 'Who the hell is that?'" (An interview with Howard Stern, 2016)
Well, there we are then. Will Donald Trump remain the President of the United States? We'll have to wait and see.
Cosmopolitan UK is out now and you can SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
You Might Also Like