The only thing better than being in love is falling in love. Everything feels new, you aren't quite sure if it's really love yet, and you start waiting to see who's finally going to say it out loud first. It's the best. Soak up every sickly sweet minute of it.
1. You talk about things you'll do together in the future, without realising you're talking about the future. It's not weird to talk about that concert that's in three months or the trip you want to take to the beach this summer, because they'll be around to go with you.
2. When you say, "I miss you," it's because you really do miss them after only a day apart. It's not just a cute thing to say, it's a real ache that says they're a part of your life now.
3. You can't remember the last time you thought about your ex. Things with your S/O now are so good you can't be bothered with whatever's in the past.
4. Things you usually hate seem ok - and even fun - if you're doing them with them. Riding a roller coaster you're terrified of? Fine, as long as they hold your hand and promise not to laugh at how you scream.
5. You're comfortable with making little sacrifices for them. You wouldn't put off your responsibilities for them, but if they're sick and need you to help take care of them instead of going to brunch one morning, you're totally cool with that.
6. They're the "something good" you think about when everything else is really rough. Work is driving you crazy, but at least you've got them to cheer you up when you get home.
7. You feel safe when you're around them. It's hard to describe this feeling, but it really is the best thing in the world. Like nothing bad can happen.
8. You're comfortable enough around them to make bad jokes and be your fully weird self. You might've been trying to impress them before, but now you're cool to hum around the kitchen and wear your pants tucked into your socks when they come over.
9. You keep seeing things out in public that you know they'd love. Stuff you used to walk by every day suddenly has their name all over it.
10. They're your person. When something really good or really bad happens, they're who you go to first.
11. You're not worried about "scaring them off." You're comfortable enough to cry in front of them or show them huge, slightly embarrassing collection of Beanie Babies (that you swear could be worth a fortune one day), because you feel secure that they're not going anywhere at the drop of a hat.
12. Little things, like going to the supermarket, are better when they're around. A walk down the cereal aisle can be a very romantic date if you're with the right person.
13. They annoy the hell out of you, but you still want to be around them. "I love you, but I don't like you right now," is something you're almost ready to say.
14. You don't freak out if they don't text back right away. All that "do they like me back" anxiety is gone, and you finally have enough chill to be ok with their slow texting.
15. When they're sad, you're genuinely sad too. You feel their pain and they feel yours.
16. You're actually entertained by his cute AF childhood photos. And you actually like listening to his long, rambly stories. Just hanging out and talking about anything is fun.
17. You'd rather stay in and do nothing with them than go out. "Started staying in and going out less" is your new mantra, and it's totally ok with you.
18. You want to show them all of your favourite things. Not because you want them to be their favourite things too, but because you want them to know you better than anyone else.
19. You have to restrain yourself from talking about them with your friends all the time. If you could you'd gush constantly. But out of respect for your friends and their sanity, you hold back (a little).
20. You've started thinking about introducing them to your family. Because you genuinely want to know how they fit in around them.
21. You regularly catch yourself doing deep dives of their Instagram. And the best part is you aren't even scared of accidentally liking a photo, because you're past the point of feeling like you'll freak them TF out if you do.
22. You want to do things you've already done again so they can be there with you this time. Time to take a return trip to the Grand Canyon so you can kiss while the sun goes down and not care how cute or gross you look - you're in love, dammit! And you don't care who knows.
This post was originally published in May 2016 and has been updated.
Follow Hannah on Twitter
You Might Also Like