Remember when you could assume every store was closed on Thanksgiving? Welp, times have (thankfully) changed. There are plenty of businesses that keep their doors locked for the holiday, but others are now open for some or all of their regular hours on Turkey Day. Whether you agree with the decision to staff stores on a national holiday or not, it's good to know what's available in case you do need to run out for a quick item or forget a key ingredient for your family feast. Hey, we've all been there. Below, you'll find which chains are open on Thanksgiving and which most definitely are not.
Before you head out, be sure to double-check with your local store about its hours of operation (it can vary state by state), or you might be the only one in the parking lot.
- Additional reporting by Haley Lyndes
Chains That Will Be Open on Thanksgiving:
1. Rite Aid - regular hours
2. Big Lots - open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3. Dollar General - open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
4. Bass Pro Shops - open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
5. Whole Foods - open for modified hours.
6. Walgreens - open for modified hours; 24-hours store will remain open as usual
7. Ulta Beauty - open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
8. Five Below - open 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
9. Michaels - open 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
10. Old Navy - open 3 p.m. to 12 a.m.
11. Sprouts Farmers Market - open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
12. Wegmans - open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Chains That Will Be Closed on Thanksgiving:
1. Crate and Barrel
2. TJ Maxx
3. Barnes & Noble
4. Bath & Body Works
5. Ace Hardware
7. Home Depot
8. Home Goods
14. Sur la Table
15. Sam's Club
18. Neiman Marcus
19. Burlington Coat Factory
20. Dick's Sporting Goods
22. Best Buy
29. Trader Joe's